After Capital Amaravathi announcement, In order to decentralize growth to all the villages/townships in the Andhra Pradesh Capital region, AP CRDA has planned to develop 9 Jewel Cities like our country Navaratnas.
Each city will be surrounded by multiple townships to bring economic development to all the surrounding cities in a specific theme.
Below are the 9 themes and allocated villages that are mapped by Government of Andhra Pradesh & CRDA as part of Master Plan
- Culture City: Nekkallu Township,Ananthavaram Township, Pichakalapalem Township
- Electronics City: Bethapudi,kuragallu Township & Nidamarru Township
- Financial City: Malkapuram Townhip, Mandadam Township & Uddandarayunipalem Township
- Government City:Lingayapalem Township, Rayapudi Township & Velagapudi Township(Current Secretariat & Assembly(Temp))
- Health City:Nowluru Township & Krishnayapalem Townshhip around Nidamarru and Kuragallu
- Justice City:Nelapadu Township, Thullur Township & Kondamarajupalem Township
- Knowledge City:Nekkallu Township, Sekhamuru Township & Inavolu Township
- Sports City:Abbarajupalem Township, Borupalem Township & Dondapadu Township
- Tourism City:Penumaka Township, Undavalli(Caves) Township & Venkatapalem Township.
As of now, Knowledge and Health cities are experiencing the fastest development as those are the primary needs for any economic growth.